Due to the increasing demand on our rail networks, stations and airports throughout the UK, the need for complex communications and security has never been more important.
We have over 14 years experience working on telecommunications & security projects. From feasbility studies right through to complex system integrations, we can offer a complete in-house design & delivery solutions that will meet and even exceed our clients’ requirements.
Our team of experienced field engineers have comprehensive knowledge of a wide range of telecommuncations systems, products and technologies including:
- CCTV – inc DOO & OPO
- Fibre & Copper cabling
- Radio systems including Leaky Feeder cable installation
- Help Points
- Tunnel Telephone Systems
London Underground – Bakerloo OPO Project
Contract Value: £500,000
Delatim were responsible for managing the detailed design for MDA relocations and coordinating
the worksites at a number of stations on the Bakerloo Line to install new OPO equipment.
Delatim delivered the following works:
- Completing the detailed designs for new OPO systems using the latest 3D modelling technology
- Managed a multi discipline design which included Communications, Electrical, Civils and premises
- OPO Camera Benchmarking (Day and Night captures)
- Setting out / spot marking of designed locations for OPO equipment
- Enabling existing OPO equipment if necessary
- Cable Management Systems (CMS) Installation
- CAT scanning and Platform excavation for MDAs and Camera Posts
- Mass concrete base installation
- Cable Installation and Testing
- Installation of Communications and Electrical OPO equipment
- Testing & Commissioning
DLR – Stratford International Extension – Package 6 Communications
Contract Value – £3,000,000
Delatim completed the Design, supply, installation, testing and commissioning of Integrated Communication Systems at 7 new Stratford International Extension Stations – Canning Town, Star Lane, West Ham, Abbey Road and Stratford High Street, Stratford Regional and Stratford International Station.
Our scope for this project included supply and installation of the following;
- Detailed Design for all communications systems including; Route Wide Fibre, Radio, CCTV, PA, Help Point, CIS, Passenger Counters, Ticket Machines and Telephones
- Installation, test and commissioning of all communication systems
- Integration of communications systems at LUL/DLR Shared Stations
- Factory and Site acceptance testing of the Communications Systems
- Production and handover of final documentation
TFL – Earl’s Court Communications Upgrade
Contract Value – £2,500,000
As part of the Station Stabilisation Project (SSP), Delatim were contracted by London Underground’s STAKE division to undertake the Communications upgrade works at Earls Court Station.
The Communications Package was bespoke to Earls Court station and included a number of technical elements that were being implemented for the first time on the underground network, the finest example of this was a hybrid PA/PAVA system to mitigate the long standing noise abatement order that was issued from the last PA upgrade in excess of 10 years previously.
Delatim were also closely involved with the clients engineering team and stakeholders, this allowed third party interfaces to develop, thus ensuring systems were brought into use with minimum disruption to the operation whilst maintaining full use of both the new and existing systems during the trial running prior to BIU.
Delatim undertook the detailed design in accordance with LU’s extensive assurance process producing compliant submissions and detailed CAD information to ensure that the system was both functional and buildable prior to the system going to site for construction. This was largely achieved by constructing a representative solution at our office facilities to configure and demonstrate the integrated systems and the bespoke interfaces prior to it going to site for construction. This provided a high degree of confidence that no major defects were prevalent and that the proposed testing regime was sufficient to bring the integrated system into use.
- Data Networks and Fibre Back-bone
- IP CCTV surveillance and recording system
- SMS MICA
- Master clock and slave units
- Commend Help Point
- Passenger Information Displays